Senior DevOps Engineer
Sorcero is the leading life sciences language intelligence platform. Its advanced analytics enable 40% of the top 10 global life sciences organizations to gain clarity and complete visibility on the efficacy and impact of their scientific engagement on patient outcomes. Medical affairs teams rely on Sorcero to multiply their productivity by 10x and to transform their medical strategy with real-time advanced analytics across the therapeutic landscape. Sorcero is privately-held and headquartered in Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.Sorcero.com.
WHY JOIN SORCERO? Our growth and success by collaborating with our network of passionate entrepreneurs to build a scalable, impactful organization. From flexible working arrangements to encouraging meaningful interactions with teammates across the globe, Sorcero provides a supportive community to bring out the best in each of us.
Our employees are driven by these common values:
- Pursuit of excellence and mastery of their craft
- Humility in defeat and in success
- Kindness and empathy towards others
- Desire to create large-scale, positive change
Sorcero builds AI powered solutions, combining the power of deep learning with the accuracy of ontologies to drive natural language understanding. Our platform and applications are used by top Pharma companies, scientists and researchers.
We are looking for a seasoned Senior DevOps engineer with experience setting up CI/CD pipelines, configuration and infrastructure as code, Google Cloud scalable deployments and observability solutions, (GCP, Azure, Oracle cloud knowledge or interest a plus).
Our app stack: HTML/CSS, GCP, Vue.js, Python, Machine Learning, Data Science, MLOps, Elastic Search, Redis, various Graph databases, Cloud Storage, Cloud DataFlow, Cloud Composer, K8, Cloud Run, KNative, API Gateway, ISTIO/Ambassador.
Keep in mind - this is a challenging domain. We make decisions fast, based on scientific facts, using advanced custom technology. We are not building standard, ordinary applications. Our products are innovative and so is our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to contribute meaningfully and learn a LOT while having fun in the process.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker with the ability to execute quickly and someone who thrives on developing new technology, challenging the status quo and is not afraid to ask questions. You will be expected to contribute to the decision making process and influence the design, functionality and application of our product line. Keep in mind - this is a challenging domain! We make decisions fast, based on scientific facts, using advanced custom technology. We are not building standard, ordinary applications. Our products are innovative and so is our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to contribute meaningfully and learn a lot while having fun in the process.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Sorcero DevOps Lead on the overall DevOps strategy for B2B SaaS applications and API functionality delivery and breakdown of the tasks into manageable and achievable deliverables
- Expand the CI/CD framework to include all active projects across multiple environments
- Containerize an application and build a process around creating containers and pushing them to an artifact repository
- Develop and automate infrastructure as code with terraform scripts.
- Automate cross cloud infrastructure provisioning and deployment (starting with GCP)
- Implement monitoring, alerts and metrics for applications and infrastructure logs
- Mentor other DevOps engineer(s) on best practices
- Understand our products from a customer and the software form an engineering perspective
- Own assignments from proof-of-concept to design, architecture, code delivery, and deployment
- 5-8+ years of cloud experience and cloud-based technologies
- 5-8+ years experience with modern programming language (python, go, js a plus)
- Familiarity with different flavors of Linux and networking concepts
- Experience with Git and Jenkins and Gitlab
- Experience with GCP (AWS, Azure, OCI a plus)
- Docker and Google Container Registry (ECR a plus)
- Deep understanding of modern Kubernetes, KNative, Cloud Run (AWS EKS a plus)
- Experience with infrastructure as code Terraform, (Terragrunt a plus)
- Understand side-car/service-mesh deployments in GCP Envoy/Istio/Glue/Ambassador
- Background with Helm and helmfile, GKE, K8
- Familiarity with scaling GraphQL and REST Web Services, Lambdas, API Gateways, logging and monitoring stacks (Grafana, Prometheus a plus)
- Ability to install, scale and maintain vm or service: Redis, ElasticSearch, SOLR, SQL and Graph DBs
- Motivation and drive to continuously improve and learn by trying new tools, processes, or methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc Computer Science or related fields
- Participation in SOC 2 certification process
Sorcero is a remote and globally distributed team. We offer a rewarding salary along with the following benefits:
- Three weeks PTO + 1 week of December holiday recess + 1 week Safe & Sick leave
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Paid parental bonding leave
- 401(k) retirement plan, with 100% company match up to 5%
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, education, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.