DevOps Engineering Manager
Sorcero is the leading life sciences language intelligence platform. Its advanced analytics enable 40% of the top 10 global life sciences organizations to gain clarity and complete visibility on the efficacy and impact of their scientific engagement on patient outcomes. Medical affairs teams rely on Sorcero to multiply their productivity by 10x and to transform their medical strategy with real-time advanced analytics across the therapeutic landscape. Sorcero is privately-held and headquartered in Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.Sorcero.com.
WHY JOIN SORCERO? Our growth and success by collaborating with our network of passionate entrepreneurs to build a scalable, impactful organization. From flexible working arrangements to encouraging meaningful interactions with teammates across the globe, Sorcero provides a supportive community to bring out the best in each of us.
Our employees are driven by these common values:
- Pursuit of excellence and mastery of their craft
- Humility in defeat and in success
- Kindness and empathy towards others
- Desire to create large-scale, positive change
Sorcero builds AI powered solutions, combining the power of deep learning with the accuracy of ontologies to drive natural language understanding. Our platform and applications are used by top Pharma companies, scientists and researchers.
Sorcero is currently seeking a DevOps Engineering Manager to oversee the DevOps team. We are looking for a believer and practitioner of Infrastructure as code (IaC) that can also lead automation of applications build processes and Cloud Infrastructure for Sorcero's AI platform and AI SaaS applications. You will lead a team of highly motivated DevOps Engineers and partner with Platform Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and other Technology and Business stakeholders to develop and deliver a highly scalable AI platform and Sorcero’s AI SaaS applications. We are looking for a rare breed, someone with both strong management and hands-on technical skills. Creative thinking and willingness to be challenged are a must. We value creativity, the hacker ethos, and a near-obsessive focus on building something that will make the future come a bit closer into focus.
The DevOps Engineering Manager will report to the CTO. You can be based remotely within the United States, but need to support work during business hours in the US EST time zone.
It is expected that you:
- are NOT afraid of the unknown
- have broken (and fixed) someone else’s code
- are a creative thinker, and self-driven problem solver
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan and execute long term strategies that benefit your team and the product stage(s)
- Hire, build and manage a globally-distributed, happy, and successful team
- Hold regular 1:1s with team members
- Serve as a mentor to your team members
- Understand Engineering OKRs and seek to improve them
- Evangelize the maturing governance of CI/CD pipelines with Engineering and AI teams and digest feedback for further efficiency iteration with the goal of maintaining service owners feature velocity
- Support of Production, Staging, Test and Development environments, and the setup of monitoring and support processes.
- Be an active contributor to strategic discussions regarding our products and offer recommendations for future capacity needs
- Be an accountable member of the team responsible for maintaining our systems infrastructure in compliance
- Help isolate issues and identify root causes through investigative analysis
- Provide incident resolution for all technical production issues, and guidance to improve the stability, security, efficiency and scalability of systems
- Administer and ensure the proper execution of the backup systems and provide 24x7 on-call support to handle urgent critical issues
- Share with management and peers potential new improvement opportunities
- Collaborate in building Sorcero’s AI platform in GCP and stay current with the industry’s best open source developments
- Evaluate new technologies to solve problems as needed and play a forward thinking role in test and deploy service design
- B.S / MSc in CS or related field with 5+ years experience in enterprise SaaS application development
- 5+ years of experience leading DevOps teams
- 2+ years deploying distributed apps with containers (Docker) & orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS, GKS, Dataflow, EMR)
- 3+ years development experience in configuration management (Terraform, Cloud Formation, etc)
- 4+ years Linux systems engineering experience
- Hands on expertise in developing infrastructure and application security for highly sensitive and restricted data processing environments
- 5+ years experience deploying with a CI/CD (Jenkins and Gitlab preferred)
- 10+ years working experience scripting/programming language (Shell, Python, Golang, Ruby)
- Demonstrated ability working with, and building on GCP native services such as CloudRun, Dataflow, Cloud Composer (Airflow), Vertex AI, etc.
- Exquisite brokering skills: regularly achieve consensus amongst stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others in an agile environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and willingness to both listen and ask questions
- Ability to be comfortable speaking candidly with executives and chasing clarity of understanding
- Share Sorcero’s values, and work in accordance with them
- Technical credibility
- Experience working with a technology SaaS company
- Experience supporting infrastructure for DataLakes and AI Platforms
- Experience with Healthcare and Life Sciences domains
- Experience developing security & compliance in data pipelines and data products
- Experience with monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite, Datadog, Cloudwatch, Prometheus, Zabbix etc.
Sorcero is a remote and globally distributed team. We offer a rewarding salary along with the following benefits:
- Three weeks PTO + 1 week of December holiday recess + 1 week Safe & Sick leave
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Paid parental bonding leave
- 401(k) retirement plan, with 100% company match up to 5%
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, education, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.