Head of Marketing
Who are we?
Sealed is a climate tech company on a mission to stop home energy waste and electrify all homes.
Sealed designs, manages, and finances home weatherization and electrification projects, making it easy and affordable for people to be more comfortable while using less energy. Our proven holistic approach can reduce energy use by 50% and takes a home completely off of fossil fuels with upgrades like high-performance insulation, air sealing, and heat pump HVAC. Our expert team designs the right solution, matches top-rated local contractors, and manages the project start to finish.
Sealed is venture backed, with investments from Cyrus Capital, Keyframe Capital, Fifth Wall, and Footprint Coalition (Robert Downey Jr.). Sealed is one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021. Based in New York City with a remote-first work environment, Sealed was also featured as one of Inc. Magazine's 'Ventures that Embody the U.N.‘s Sustainability Goals'. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
You will lead a world-class marketing effort and take ownership of marketing strategy & execution, including demand generation, product marketing, content, messaging, and growing the foundation of our business. This is a senior-level position that requires a marketing leader with a proven track record driving commercial success and capturing the imagination of a consumer marketplace.
Your team will develop impactful, cross-channel marketing strategies and create scalable go-to-market initiatives that drive demand and drive top-line growth. We will look to you to establish the playbook for our next phase of growth as we embark on the launch of new products. Building upon existing initiatives, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders across the business. Your close partnerships with Product, Operations, and Sales teams in particular will ensure a cohesive and integrated approach to marketing initiatives. Further, you will lead all essential external marketing partners, including public relations, brand house partners, digital marketing agencies, and more.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute the overall GTM strategy for Sealed, aligning with company goals and objectives.
- Drive customer acquisition by developing and optimizing paid and non-paid channels.
- Monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics, providing regular reports and insights to the senior leadership.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring resource allocation maximizes ROI.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and the competitive landscape to identify new opportunities, enable geographic expansion, and recommend strategic adjustments.
- Oversee content strategy for Sealed.com as well as brand positioning and messaging
- Experience developing and implementing B2C marketing strategies for a digital/on-line direct to consumer technology business
- Proficiency across the digital marketing channel spectrum and experience identifying and maximizing nascent marketing channels
- Track record of enabling revenue growth, customer acquisition, and increased conversion from a range of performance marketing channels.
- Experience optimizing product marketing and website content to increase engagement and ensure consistent messaging throughout the journey
- Leadership success in scaling rapidly in a high growth company and industry
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills; experience presenting to company boards as well as prospective and existing investors is a plus
What success looks like:
- Paid and non-paid channels have been evaluated and optimized, nascent channels have identified and fully leveraged
- Customer acquisition and retention. The work you and your team are responsible for is generating qualified leads within cost and volume targets.
- Detailed market research and customer segmentation has led to the identification of target audiences and tailored marketing campaigns.
- We have clearly outlined the marketing strategy for 2024 and beyond.
- You have established fundamental and lasting relationships and partnerships internally and externally.
- You are fostering the professional growth of your existing team and you are poised to attract new members as the market builds and develops.
The expected salary range for this role is $175,000-$225,000. We’re eager to engage with all qualified candidates and consideration will be provided to experience and skill level.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits, including some focused on mental health and fertility treatments
- 401(k) plan
- Paid family leave
- Paid medical leave
- Home office set-up stipend
- Learning & development stipend
- Flexible work environment: work remotely from anywhere within the US or from our headquarters in NYC