Head of Capital Markets
Who are we?
Sealed is a climate tech company on a mission to stop home energy waste and electrify all homes.
Sealed designs, manages, and finances home weatherization and electrification projects, making it easy and affordable for people to be more comfortable while using less energy. Our proven holistic approach can reduce energy use by 50% and takes a home completely off of fossil fuels with upgrades like high-performance insulation, air sealing, and heat pump HVAC. Our expert team designs the right solution, matches top-rated local contractors, and manages the project start to finish. Sealed covers the upfront costs, and we’re accountable to impact: if we don’t cut energy waste, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is venture backed, with investments from Cyrus Capital, Fifth Wall, and Footprint Coalition (Robert Downey Jr.). Sealed is one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021. Based in New York City with a remote-first work environment, Sealed was also featured as one of Inc. Magazine's 'Ventures that Embody the U.N.‘s Sustainability Goals'. Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
The Head of Capital Markets will originate and lead project financing strategy to support Sealed’s business and impact the company’s strategic direction. You will be empowered to initiate and maintain relationships with all classes of potential financing partners, including large banks and other financial institutions. You will oversee the maintenance and monitoring of current and future working capital facilities. You will develop and present financing strategies to senior management and the board of directors. You will evaluate opportunities based on an in-depth understanding of debt structures and returns analysis. You will work cross-functionally with stakeholders throughout the company to provide thought partnership and support the rapid growth of all functions. The ideal candidate will combine strategic vision and depth of experience with an ability to execute well in a fast-paced, high-growth business.
The Head of Capital Markets will report directly to the CFO.
What success looks like:
- Leveraging your passion and expertise in energy, you have expanded and diversified Sealed’s lender relationships
- You have secured optimum terms and delivered hundreds of millions of dollars in credit facilities from world-leading financial institutions in the energy space
- You have cultivated relationships with investment banking partners, advisors, rating agencies, trustees, and other third parties
- 10+ years of relevant experience with deep knowledge of project finance and credit markets
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills
- Effective communicator and comfortable presenting to investors, senior leadership, and board members
- Thrive in complex and high-pressure environments
- Intermediate to advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office and GSuite products and data visualization tools
- You demonstrate a passion for the financial technology sector
- A network of existing financial institution relationships
The expected salary range for this role is $200,000 - $300,000. We’re eager to engage with all qualified candidates and consideration will be provided to experience and skill level.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits, including some focused on mental health and fertility treatments
- 401(k) plan
- Paid family leave
- Paid medical leave
- Home office set-up stipend
- Learning & development stipend
- Flexible work environment: work remotely from anywhere within the US or from our headquarters in NYC
Something looks off?