Chief of Staff
Introduction to Monument:
Monument (https://joinmonument.com/) is a trailblazing online platform for those looking to change their relationship with alcohol. We connect members to a free anonymous community, therapist-led groups and a collection of resources to provide the support and information they deserve. Members seeking medical treatment are introduced to a licensed physician and a specialized therapist to develop a personalized treatment plan specific to their goals. Monument is affordable, accessible, and research-based, so a healthy relationship with alcohol is attainable and celebrated by all.
As the Chief of Staff to the CEO at Monument, you will play a pivotal role in steering the organization towards its mission of transforming lives. This role demands a blend of strategic thinking, operational efficiency, the ability to manage complex projects, and resource magnetism. You will be the CEO's right hand and strategic thought partner, ensuring that their vision is implemented effectively across the company. This is a full-time, in-person hybrid position based out of our New York office (3+ days on site).
- Operational Support: Manage and streamline the operating cadence for the CEO, centralizing the tracking of all project plans, milestones, and dependencies.
- Process Optimization: Streamline key processes such as budgeting, banking operations, health plan operations, and go-to-market tech stack. Work closely with leadership for consistent execution of company deliverables, including annual planning cycles and business reviews.
- Vendor Management: Oversee the management of legal and compliance work, third-party consultants, HR processes, and the onboarding/offboarding of consultants and other vendors, ensuring effective coordination and compliance with organizational standards.
- Privacy & Compliance Management: Assume a key role in overseeing and ensuring the organization’s adherence to state and federal regulations. This includes actively managing privacy agreements, staying abreast of changes in compliance standards, and ensuring all company practices are in line with regulatory requirements.
- Reporting Responsibilities: Develop, manage, and maintain a robust reporting system. This involves the preparation of detailed reports on various aspects of the organization’s operations, including but not limited to financial performance, project milestones, and compliance status. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for ensuring that these reports are accurate, timely, and provide actionable insights for the CEO and other stakeholders.
- Strategic Analysis and Feedback: Analyze compliance and reporting data to provide strategic feedback to the CEO. This role involves not just the management of data but also interpreting it in a way that supports strategic decision-making and organizational improvement.
- Streamlined Office Operations: Direct and optimize office operations, ensuring that they not only support the day-to-day functionality of the organization but also adhere to stringent compliance standards.
- Strategic Planning: Assist the CEO in developing and implementing strategic initiatives. Facilitate alignment between various departments to ensure cohesive progress towards the company’s long-range goals.
- Long-Range Planning: Support long-range goal planning, translating multi-quarter aspirational outcomes into near-term milestones and priorities, presented in a simplified narrative format.
- Communication Facilitator: Act as a liaison between the CEO and other departments. Ensure clear and consistent communication of the CEO's directives and feedback across the organization.
- Decision-Making Support: Provide analytical support to the CEO for decision-making. Prepare reports, presentations, and data analysis to assist in informed decision-making.
- Special Projects: Projects may include, but are not limited to, conducting detailed grant evaluations, supporting fundraising initiatives, and developing strategic external partnerships.
- Team Leadership: Ensure that team objectives align with the overall mission of Monument.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Engage with external stakeholders, representing Monument and the CEO in meetings, conferences, and other professional settings.
- Organizational Culture Champion: Uphold and nurture Monument’s culture and values within the organization.
- 6+ years of experience in GTM operations, business operations, project management, management consulting, or strategic roles in a fast-growing company strongly preferred.
- Strong experience in leading projects and initiatives.
- Excellent executive communication skills, with the ability to distill complex information into clear, concise insights.
- Exceptional analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Outcome-oriented with a hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to build and influence relationships across a wide range of personalities, without direct authority.
Monument is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. At Monument, we nurture authenticity. Our team is diverse, including sober people, parents, queer people, single parents, nonbinary individuals, men, women, and more. We believe in the power of diverse perspectives to drive innovation and foster a welcoming community. Join us in our mission to create a healthier, more connected world.
APPLICANTS: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA THE FORM BELOW. Instead, please email Galina Ozgur, Vice President of Platform at H/L Ventures ➡️ firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Chief of Staff for Monument - FIRST NAME LAST NAME" alongside a cover letter and a resume.