Technical Sales Manager
At Modern Meadow (MM) we are harnessing the power of design, biology and material science to produce high performing, sustainable, and scalable bio-based products. At the intersection of biotechnology and material science, we design solutions for the way we want the world to perform. We are pioneers of biofabrication, building with biology. Because we have introduced a more effective, more responsible, and readily available supply, we are shifting demand away from extractive practices and toward a sustainable bioeconomy.
Modern Meadow is seeking an individual to expand our commercial activities. The Technical Sales Manager is a salesperson who has the technical expertise and scientific knowledge of the technology they sell. They are responsible for the end-to-end sales process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using sales techniques such as storytelling, active listening, and communication skills to persuade prospective customers to buy a product.
- Using their technical knowledge to explain product specifications and complex concepts to customers.
- Analyzing customer needs and recommending relevant products
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients through regular check-ins
- Drafts or assists with drafting presentations and other documentation and materials that explain products and services to customers.
- Setting realistic sales targets and meeting sales goals
- Working as part of a sales team, picking up and handing off different parts of the sales process as needed
- Staying on top of industry trends
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- 7+ years of related product or sales experience required with demonstrated new customer acquisition with a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a field related to products and services preferred
- Previous experience selling surface materials in automotive materials including interior textiles and leather preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional sales and customer service skills with a proven ability to explain technical products to non-technical audiences.
- Strategic account planning and mapping.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on site at our Nutley, NJ HQ as dictated by business needs
- Ability to travel as needed by the business (40% domestic and international)
What we offer:
We believe in investing in our employees’ wellbeing and professional growth a Modern Meadow and are pleased to offer comprehensive benefits for the total health of our organization including:
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement planning (401k Matching)
- Flexible paid time off
- Winter Break (Company observed reset and recharge, final week of the year)
- Commuter Benefits
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Bi-monthly learning blocks to reinvest in your development utilizing LinkedIn Learning or other job specific programs
- Identity Theft and Legal services
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Collaborative, transparent, and inclusive culture with monthly engagement activities and programs
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
Modern Meadow is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with anti-discrimination law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.