Information Technology System Administrator
Mend™ | Hybrid, NYC
IT Systems & Security Administrator
About the role:
mend™ is a life sciences and biotechnology company that harnesses the power of nature to supercharge health and healing. Mend is looking for an Information Systems & Security Administrator to manage technology operations, implement information security, and provide technical support to the organization.
In this role you will oversee the administration and security of our IT infrastructure, including the protection of our organization's information systems and data, ensuring that all information systems are functional and secure. In addition, you will work with management and other IT team members to develop and implement a cohesive IT support model that balances the support technical needs of our team members with the need for security, trust, and discipline in a fast pace regulated healthcare environment.
- Work with technology leadership to expand and oversee the organization’s Information Security Program.
- Write and review information security and compliance policies and procedures.
- Document and gather evidence to ensure compliance with security standards and healthcare data protection rules and regulations (HIPAA).
- Participate in both the design and execution of vulnerability and risk assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
- Work closely with technology and business teams to document and track remediation of known security issues.
- Interpret vulnerability scan results based on the company's business and policies.
- Help maintain the Security Awareness and HIPAA Compliance training programs.
- Advise on physical security considerations for our facilities as well remote locations for virtual team members.
- Assist in organizational IT systems planning, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Assign and track hardware and software inventory, administer software licensing, and maintain associated budgets.
- Administer users and groups, configure system security settings, and maintain the organization's core business applications.
- Support the organization’s computing assets including remote troubleshooting.
- Communicate with users and support system changes, such as OS upgrades, Anti-virus updates, and new software rollouts.
- Remotely communicate with employees and contractors to install and update software/hardware on workstations and laptops.
What excites us about you:
- Passionate about Technology
- Experience in Healthcare
- Benefit Mindset
- Great Problem Solver
- Extremely Communicative
- Efficient Listener
- Thinks Like an Entrepreneur
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT support, systems administration, and cybersecurity.
- Relevant audit, information risk, security, and compliance experience with a strong understanding of risk assessments and analysis techniques.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of network security, current information security threats and incident management concepts and practices.
- Experience managing and monitoring endpoint protection solutions and vulnerability scanners, as well as other security tools.
- Experience with common security practices around relational databases and some basic knowledge of SQL queries.
- Knowledge of data security standards, regulations and compliance programs.
- Knowledge of secure development practices and the OWASP Top 10.
- Experience with multiple operating systems (Windows, macOS, ChromeOS).
- Experience with HIPAA and NIST security requirements strongly preferred.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as Azure or AWS, is a plus.
- One or more professional security management certifications
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- $90K - $115,000 depending upon experience.
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision policies
- Up to 20+ Paid Days off to encourage people to rest and reset.
- 401K Matching Program
- Complimentary Mend products
Who we are:
Our nature-powered supplements are clinically proven and recognized by the medical community to be effective in accelerating repair, recovery, and improving key risk factors that contribute to chronic conditions. mend™ works with leading hospitals and universities on developing evidence-based clinical nutrition products to enhance patient outcomes. Which is why we’re such a hit with high-impact individuals in sports, the military, and anyone living an active life. We are committed to educating the world about the power of natural ingredients as a complement to medical treatment. We make it easy for people to use nature to power themselves back to health. And to stay healthy on the daily.
Mend is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity/expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can do our best to accommodate you in applying for the role.