WHERE CULTURE CALLS HOME
Group Black is a pioneering Black-owned media company dedicated to connecting brands with diverse audiences. Committed to fostering an inclusive media ecosystem, Group Black amplifies diverse storytelling and deepens the investment pipeline for diverse-owned businesses. Informed by marketing and creative expertise, Group Black crafts contextually relevant strategies that resonate with a multicultural generation. Group Black is where culture calls home.
We know that your voice creates the path to our success. We are a place where employees can be authentic, creative, and energized by the people and work they touch each day.
Group Black’s Sales team will own filling our unique set of inventory that spans across numerous types of media. Advertising sales will be a mechanism that provides re-investable profits to fuel future growth. This includes digital media, connected TV, conversational media, OTT media services, creator campaigns, events, unique verticals, and other emerging media formats. The members of our Sales team are energetic and proactive team players who can simultaneously partner with our clients and work hands-on, alongside our internal teams.
If you are looking to launch your sales career to the next level while selling a dynamic solution that will change the face of media investment and ownership, then this role will not disappoint! The Director of Sales will play an integral role in the growth and success of Group Black, our clients, and our partners. This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with the executive team to enhance a high-performing team.
As our company continues to grow, so does our need for an experienced Director of Sales to drive our Client Partner team. In addition to your passion, qualification, and experience, you will have a proven record in selling to large organizations, experience successfully heading front-line sales teams, and a history of overachieving team quotas.
- Day-to-day management of your Client Partner team, including guiding performance management, recruitment and professional development of sales representatives
- Accountable for sales and revenue, as well as deepening the relationships of our existing clients through a consultative approach
- Build and oversee full sales cycle to exceed quarterly goals for new business
- Provide accurate forecasting and develop fiscal year revenue budgets reflective of Group Black overall goals
- Maintain constant awareness of market conditions, competitive changes, emerging categories, and revenue opportunities and adjust operational plans, as needed
- Prepare and present weekly and/or quarterly department summaries delivering insightful analytics and directional guidance
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate Client Partners to achieve a positive, inclusive culture delivering maximum results and a thriving team
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key decision-makers with advertising agencies and direct clients
- Conduct regular sales meetings and travel, as needed
- You will own providing insight and expertise on our Group Black solutions when brand agencies are prospecting and pitching new business
- Directing a portion of our Client Partner team, in a player-coach role
What you can expect:
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing start-up company
- Fun company events and celebrations with a focus on inclusion and collaboration across all levels of the organization
What you bring to the team:
- Minimum 2 years prior sales management experience, 5 plus years of quota-carrying sales experience
- Experience in media or advertising sales
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strategic account planning & forecasting
- Excellent organizational/time management techniques and guidance experience
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a positive attitude, and be an effective communicator
- Proven track record of sales success and comfortable selling 5-7 figure deals (Extra plus if you have built your own book of business from scratch)
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and solution-finding skills
- New business prospecting & closing know-how
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment that includes ongoing learning opportunities
At Group Black we believe in leveraging our hiring process as a way to support transparency. The annual base salary band for this opportunity is $185,000.00 -$215,000.00. The Senior Director will also have the opportunity to earn commission with a competitive package, in addition to their base salary. Our job offer compensation philosophy, which impacts actual compensation, is based on a number of important factors including, but not limited to, internal and market equity, financial budgets, and the individual’s skills, qualifications, experience and education. Published annual base salary bands do not include individual variable compensation opportunities, such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentives.
Group Black also offers employees a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program. We offer medical, vision and dental coverage, health savings accounts, paid time off to relax and recharge and attend to personal matters, Company paid holidays, family and personal sick and safe time, and a 401(k) plan.
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.