WHERE CULTURE CALLS HOME
Our mission is simple: dramatically transform the face of media ownership and investment by identifying, creating and scaling the largest ecosystem of Black-owned media brands and diverse creators. We are doing this by providing financial, strategic, and infrastructural support needed to build businesses capable of delivering engaged audiences at scale.
Group Black drives scalable Black-media ownership at pace and focuses on building Black-owned media businesses that embrace diversity in their organizations and audiences. Most importantly, Group Black delivers great content and experiences, as well as new, high-performing ways for advertisers to connect with consumers.
We know that your voice creates the path to our success. We are a place where employees can be authentic, creative, and energized by the people and work they touch each day.
At Group Black, the Finance & Investment team oversees organizational deliverables around business operations, investment, and financial operations. Our high-performance Finance organization includes a team of experienced people accountable for the analysis of Group Black’s financial results, corporate development plans, and operating budgets. This also includes ongoing support of our Accounting and Financial controls. The team believes in building the foundation of daily financial decisions in alignment with longer-term company objectives.
Reporting to the Sr Director, Finance, this newly created role will be instrumental in areas of financial due diligence, integration planning, and financial integration. This Financial Analyst position is a unique blend of FP&A, strategic project management, and business help for the Executive team. This is an exciting role for a driven and dynamic finance professional with grit and persistence, and desire to work in a high-impact, growth-focused environment.
- Accountable for handling and facilitating all AR & AP functions (AR - Invoicing & Collections, AP - Tracking Payables & Aging)
- Assist and handle financial monthly closes, monthly forecasting, and annual budgeting process
- Create status briefings, resource planning documents, and KPI tracking tools
- Partner with our Ad Sales and Ad Operations teams in assisting and producing all weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting needs
- Liaison with all department heads on expense management
- Assist in the production of annual strategic plans
- Oversee relationships with external partners (Media Agencies, Clients, and Banking Partners)
- Evaluate, review, and summarize operational and financial data, and communicate findings to investors and senior management through concise charts and tables
What you can expect:
- Learn from senior people on the Finance team
- Experience high potential growth, as the first Financial Analyst to join the team
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing start-up company
- Enjoy company events and celebrations with a focus on inclusion and collaboration across all levels of the organization
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Data Analytics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical techniques and familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- A strong critical thinker and solution-finding experience
- Familiar with CRM systems (Boostr), Financial Tools (Simpl)
- Good knowledge of accounting concepts and familiarity with reading and analyzing financial statements
- Experience with Google Suite
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to meet timelines and quick-turnaround expectations
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization
At Group Black we believe in leveraging our hiring process as a way to support transparency. The annual base salary band for this opportunity is $65,000 - $75,000. Our job offer compensation philosophy, which impacts actual compensation, is based on a number of important factors including, but not limited to, internal and market equity, financial budgets, and the individual’s skills, qualifications, experience, and education. Published annual base salary bands do not include individual variable compensation opportunities, such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentives.
Group Black also offers employees a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program. We offer medical, vision and dental coverage, health savings accounts, paid time off to relax and recharge and attend to personal matters, Company paid holidays, family and personal sick and safe time, and a 401(k) plan.
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.