WHERE CULTURE CALLS HOME
Our mission is simple: dramatically transform the face of media ownership and investment by identifying, creating and scaling the largest ecosystem of Black-owned media brands and diverse creators. We are doing this by providing financial, strategic, and infrastructural support needed to build businesses capable of delivering engaged audiences at scale.
Group Black drives scalable Black-media ownership at pace and focuses on building Black-owned media businesses that embrace diversity in their organizations and audiences. Most importantly, Group Black delivers great content and experiences, as well as new, high-performing ways for advertisers to connect with consumers.
We know that your voice creates the path to our success. We are a place where employees can be authentic, creative, and energized by the people and work they touch each day.
At Group Black, our Media Planning team operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The entire team is responsible for accelerating Group Black’s transformation into a high-growth business. Our Media Planning team members are relationship managers that get excited about growing the business, building creative proposals, and driving customer satisfaction.
Reporting to our Senior Director, Revenue Operations, the Sales Planner is a key Sales partner, handling all phases of the pre-sale digital campaign process, including crafting media plans and requests for proposals. The ideal candidate should possess strategic media planning capabilities and experience supporting online media sales or buying teams.
The Sales Planner is a trusted advisor and must have excellent time management, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills. As a Sales Planner, you will be expected to meet clearly defined individual goals while working closely with Account Management, Sales, and Brand Strategy to drive the business forward.
- Work across internal departments (Sales, Account Management, Ad Ops, Product, Insights & Measurement, etc.) to develop strategic media plans
- Manage opportunities in our internal CRM system from 0% - 100% based on how the opportunity progresses
- Create digital sales plans using appropriate media mix, inventory avails and pricing, while keeping margin in mind
- Become an internal expert on our rates, minimums, and performance expectations
- Recommend tactics that work best towards achieving campaign KPIs, working closely with our Sales and Account Management teams to effectively create a media strategy that aligns with client goals
- Manage ad spec requests
- Work with our Sales representatives, Account Management and collective partners to generate compelling custom ad programs across our portfolio
- Create and maintain impactful relationships, both internally and externally
- Build a high volume of RFP specific proposals
- Communicate effectively with agency contacts to address RFP deliverables and ad hoc requests
- Respond to requests for proposals via client templated forms and leading proposal development
- Research user data and audience metrics; analyzing market/category trends
- Identify areas for improvement within the pre-sale process and recommend solutions to drive operational efficiencies
- As needed, assist in the preparation and follow-up for client meetings, including the review of industry and account-specific information
What you can expect:
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a fast-growing start-up company
- Fun company events and celebrations with a focus on inclusion and collaboration across all levels of the organization
What you bring to the team:
- Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
- Minimum 2 to 4 years in digital media planning or client service
- Experienced Excel & Powerpoint user
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker, problem solver
- Understanding of the agency, client landscape and ad-tech environments
- Highly organized and keen attention to detail
- Highly independent, motivated self-starter with ability to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to collaborate and maintain effective working relationships within a cross-functional matrixed organization
- Exceptional verbal, written, presentation and communication skills with ability to translate technical concepts for a broad audience
- Excellent time management / project management skills, with ability to manage detailed work and communicate deal status effectively to all levels
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and objectives of the organization
At Group Black, we believe in leveraging our hiring process as a way to support transparency. The annual base salary band for this opportunity is $65,000.00-$70,000.00. Our job offer compensation philosophy, which impacts actual compensation, is based on a number of important factors, including, but not limited to, internal and market equity, financial budgets, and the individual’s skills, qualifications, experience, and education. Published annual base salary bands do not include individual variable compensation opportunities, such as annual merit increases, bonus eligibility, commission, or equity incentives.
Group Black offers employees a comprehensive, flexible, and competitive benefits program. We offer medical, vision, and dental coverage, health savings accounts, paid time off to relax and recharge and attend to personal matters, Company paid holidays, family and personal sick and safe time, and a 401(k) plan.
Group Black is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Group Black is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.