Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer, Backend Focus
CNote (mycnote.com) is an award-winning, women-led FinTech firm and B Corporation focused on achieving racial and gender equity and closing the wealth gap in America. CNote technology unlcks community investing at scale, empowering individuals and institutions to further economic equality, racial justice, gender equity, and address climate change with their capital. CNote directs every dollar invested on its platform toward funding female- and minority-led small businesses, affordable housing and economic development through its nationwide network of mission-driven depository institutions and community lenders.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced, full stack software engineer focusing on backend with a passion for building solutions that will improve the current platform and new products/tools. Your primary responsibilities will include software design and development, application security, and infrastructure/devops work.
As a small team, we’re all generalists and constantly picking up new challenges. When it comes to technology, we’re looking to work with people who can pick up a problem and solve it. We don’t expect you to have a background in everything we use. We do expect strong programming fundamentals and a focus on pragmatism over perfection.
What you'll achieve
- Adding analytics, monitoring, and alerts so we can better respond to operational incidents
- Build internal tools to support simplicity and productivity for the whole company
- Work across the entire tech stack to improve infrastructure, performance, processes, and code
- Contribute to growth of engineering team and processes
- Lead architecture of new features and products
- An appetite to refactor code and follow best practices
- Love to solve problems, be challenged, and a constant learner
- Can handle ambiguity and rapid change
- Looks great in hats (because you'll be wearing a lot of them!)
- Understands when to favor pragmatism over perfection and vice versa
Nice to Haves
- Strong experience in infrastructure and devops
- Experience working in fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a distributed company
- Node, MySQL, Redis
- Slack, Notion
Everyone at CNote comes from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses and making an impact, you will find that with us at CNote.
CNote is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees by recruiting, developing and retaining the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Something looks off?