Customer Care Lead
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
BlocPower is a clean energy leader creating smarter, greener, healthier buildings for all by reducing the barriers to money-saving, quality-of-life-improving green building upgrade. We provide engineering, financing and project implementation services for our clients, with a special focus in historically left out communities across the country. These communities, and their buildings, are underserved by traditional energy services companies because they are considered too small, too costly, or too risky. Our portfolio of projects include houses of worship, schools, non-profits, small businesses and multifamily buildings. Through our work, we save our clients money, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve health and create local employment opportunities.
At BlocPower, we value our mission. We are trusted advisors that get things done for our customers by using data to make the right decisions. We support and expect excellence from our team members. We treat both our customers and ourselves with care and respect.
As our work is centered around systematically disenfranchised communities – including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people – we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
- Act as the go-to person to diagnose and resolve customer issues and questions.
- Provide remote support in a timely and effective fashion to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Document support activities and collaborate with other team members and contractor partners to resolve issues quickly.
- Design, document, and rollout new processes with our contractor partners to increase the effectiveness and quality of our service.
- Coordinate with contractor partners to schedule, document, and ensure the quality of routine and unscheduled operations & maintenance visits.
- Effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Responsive to customers outside of normal working hours and organizes emergency intervention as needed.
- 5+ years of professional experience, at least 2 years in customer service
- Someone who is technically adept and intellectually curious. HVAC experience is not a requirement, but ability and eagerness to learn is.
- Customer-oriented with strong ability to cultivate business relationships and become the “trusted advisor”
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Eager and willing to jump in, solve problems, and get things done for our customers
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and take initiative to achieve success
This job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position. The duties and responsibilities may change without notice.
BlocPower™ provides equal employment opportunities(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlocPower™ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
BlocPower™ expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BlocPower™ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.